Bar Manager/Functions Coordinator
Ballistic Beer Co. is a multiple gold-medal winning brewery in Salisbury, Brisbane. The brewery opened 18 months ago and has been operating a busy tap room since. Ballistic is now planning to add a separate Function space for larger events.
To manage the Bar and Function space, Ballistic is searching for a Hospitality Manager.
We’re looking for someone with Bar and Functions experience, works well with the existing team, who embraces the culture and values of our company (Community, Quality, Education and Authenticity) and loves good beer.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous 2 years’ experience in high volume hospitality environment
- Previous experience in functions including actively working to attract new customers and growing the customer base
- High knowledge of cellar operations
- Cicerone qualifications viewed favourably
- Experienced at leading a team
- Demonstrated high standards in customer service
- Excellent communication and customer engagement skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to operate a roster system for casual staff
- Ability to effectively prioritise and delegate tasks and manage time
- Ability to develop and document operating procedures and implement them to comply with company policies and vision
- Be able to maintain a fun, friendly and efficient environment for both customers and staff
- The ability to work autonomously and have high self-motivation
- Current RSA, RMLV
- Knowledge of, and passion for craft beer
- This is a full-time position that will require weekend and night time work.
- Performance will be measured against an agreed set of KPIs.
- Remuneration will include a base salary and commission based on growth in function sales.
If you believe that you are the right stuff to operate an excellent bar and function space in a brewery that makes great beer, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include examples of how you have positively engaged with your customer base at other venues.